CLICK HERE TO GET A PDF COPY OF THIS POST >>
The first-grader asked his mother why Daddy brought home a briefcase full of papers every evening.
She explained, “It’s because Daddy has so much to do he can’t finish at the office and has to work nights.”
“Well, then,” said the child, “why don’t they just put him in a slower group?”
What busy and successful person does not have more to do than time to do it? Whether it is from demands of others or, more likely, from the choices we make, we all seem to need help with time management.
There are several courses and programs that deal with time management. Which is the best? That is like asking what is the best workout program. The answer is that the best one is the one you will do consistently. For me I have adopted most of the Getting Things Done process by David Allen. By practicing David's productivity methods I've created 28 time management principles that have helped me tremendously. Below I've nine principles that you can quickly adopt into your day. You can download all 28 tips at the end of this post.
CONTROL OF YOUR TIME IS THE FIRST STEP TO LIVING YOUR DESIGN
[Tweet "Get 28 time management principles from @RichardYadon"]Here's my top 9 most effective time management principles inspired by David Allen (get all 28 below):
- Plan your next day BEFORE you leave work.
- Take incoming calls only at specific times of the day.
- Always ask yourself, “Is this the best use of my time?”
- Don’t allow yourself the luxury of negative thinking or remarks.
- Leave your personal baggage outside the door of your office.
- Get organized – a clean desk is NOT the sign of a sick mind!
- Set aside a specific time of the day to complete your planning.
- Do your most “unpleasant” task of the day FIRST.
- Think through your day while making your way to work.
28 High Impact Time Management Principles
Get instant access to all of my 28 High Impact Time Management Principles so you can master your time and be more effective, productive, and purposeful!
We value your privacy and would never spam you